Mayo Moments

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Little Red Wagon!

My dear Grandmother in Nova Scotia has just been beside herself about Leah.  She is so worried about her and calls my mom often for updates.  Last month she was trying to convince us that we needed to buy Leah a wheelchair - she is so afraid Leah will have a bad fall and get hurt during one of these episodes.

Well I don't think any of us are at the stage where we would consider a wheelchair, but I had been looking into strollers/buggies made for bigger kids.  The ones that are made by medical companies have a wheelchair-ish look to them, and the ones that are made by baby buggy companies just aren't right either. Not to mention that the prices are skyhigh - not that I wouldn't buy it if necessary but golly it would hurt!

Then, thanks to the wonder that is Pinterest (my newest addiction), I stumbled upon this little beauty.  The Easy Go Wagon.  It is 4 feet long when open, has a canopy, can fit two kids and/or tons of stuff, has great heavy duty wheels, a weight capacity of 150 lbs and folds up nice and small so I can carry it around in the van and actually fit something else in!

I had seen similar items over the summer while at various parks and attractions and had been intrigued.  I started looking around but didn't have the right search terms to find them.

Today I found it on EBay, brand new, low shipping with a Best Offer option.  They wanted $99.99 but I offered $75 and they took it!  I have seen them as high as $189 so I am very pleased with my purchase.

Now I don't have to be worried about what to do with Leah while we are out.  No more trying to squeeze her into Pat's buggy and displacing him.  She will now have room to lay down when she needs to, and when she really needs to cling to someone, one of the other girls could even climb in with her.

All in all, I am very pleased with this.  It will ship out tomorrow morning, I will pick it up at my friendly depot in Niagara Falls, New York later this week and then we are ready to head out and enjoy the sights and experiences of fall here in Niagara!

2 comments:

  1. There is an organization in Niagara Falls called For the Needy not the Greedy that you might be able to find a wheelchair. We donated my grandma's wheelchair there. http://niagara.cioc.ca/record/NIA2018

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete